Georgetown, Guyana – (August 21, 2015) Minister of State, Joseph Harmon during his weekly post-Cabinet press briefing, at the Ministry of the President today, informed that Cabinet has granted its ‘no objections’ to the following contracts:
• Two awards for the supply of stationery to the Georgetown Public Hospital Corporation (GPHC) to Memorex Enterprises, in the amount of $4.502M and $19.5M for Mohammed Jaffar.
• Procurement of dietary supplies for the GPHC in the amount of $27.5M to G & P Jaigobin and Sons, H. Dhanraj Woodworking Establishment, Mohammed Jaffar, Memorex Enterprises and Lorick Persaud
• $158.8M was approved for the rehabilitation of sea defence structures at Bush Lot and Maida, Region Six were awarded to Toolsie Persaud Quarries Incorporated.
• Digitalising of parliamentary documents awarded to Wayne Fordyce in the amount of $16.2M. This contract includes the uploading of documents from the Eight Parliament to the Parliament’s website.
• Supply of identification card equipment for the Guyana Elections Commission to Del La Rue in the United Kingdom (UK) in the amount of US $94,756.96. This includes the cost of 12,000 laminated pouches as well as air freight to Guyana.