MINISTRY OF THE PRESIDENCY
DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL)
GUYANA PETROLEUM RESOURCES GOVERNANCE AND MANAGEMENT PROJECT (GPRGMP)
PROJECT ID NO.: P166730
ASSIGNMENT TITLE: CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR PROJECT DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT MATTERS IN THE OIL AND GAS INDUSTRY
REFERENCE NO.: GPRGMP/IC/2019/0-1
The Government of the Cooperative Republic of Guyana (GCRG) has applied for financing in the amount of US$20 Million equivalent from the World Bank (WB) toward the cost of the Guyana Petroleum Resources Governance and Management Project (GPRGMP) and it intends to apply part of the proceeds towards payment for Consultancy Services to address Project Development Management Matters in the Oil and Gas Industry.
The Consultant to be hired to address Project Development Management Matters in the Oil and Gas Industry will be responsible for providing advisory services and technical support towards the establishment of a project development function in the Department of Energy (DE) within the Ministry of the Presidency (MotP).
The Project Development Management Consultant is expected to work through the Project life, but on an agreed time-based contract for the first year. Further Contract(s) for the total period of the project life, if his/her performance is deemed satisfactory will be on an agreement.
The Project Development Management Matters Consultant should have the following qualifications:
1. At least twenty (20) years’ engineering experience in the oil and gas industry including extensive experience with field development planning, reservoir management, and facilities design including in deep water environments.
2. Have a broad understanding of development planning including economic and technical issues associated to oil and associated gas projects.
3. Experience and ability to advise on the following topics:
a. Development Engineering in the oil and gas sector: experience (from within five years preceding the date of the Consultant’s application) of advising sovereign governments on development planning, project execution, petroleum engineering and associated matters.
b. Associated Gas Development: experience (from within five years preceding the date of the Consultant’s application) of advising sovereign governments on the relative benefits of associated gas development and usage for reservoir pressure support.
4. At least a Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum Engineering, Development Engineering, specialized in petroleum developments, other relevant discipline. A Master’s degree will be an advantage.
5. Excellent drafting ability and presentation and communication skills, both oral and written in English; ability to explain complex technical issues.
6. Excellent organizational and management skills and ability to complete deliverables in an efficient and timely manner.
7. Good understanding of the requirements of the consultancy, ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
8. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
The GPRGMP now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested individual consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services including their curriculum vitae, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, and clients’ references.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 3.16 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers (published by the Association in September 2016), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A copy of the Terms of Reference (TOR) or further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 0900hrs to 1600hrs. The Terms of Reference can be viewed on the Ministry of the Presidency’s website: https://motp.gov.gy
Expressions of interest, together with CV’s and other documents, may be sent by mail, e-mail, or fax and must be delivered to the address below by Thursday May 2, 2019.
Ministry of the Presidency, Department of Energy
Guyana Petroleum Resources Governance and Management Project
Attn: Ms. Joanna Simmons, Project Coordinator
Shiv Chanderpaul Drive, Georgetown Guyana