Georgetown, Guyana – (December 4, 2016) Cabinet approved the appointment of the Board of Directors for the Council for Technical and Vocational Education and Training (CTVET) for a period of two years.
The Directors who were appointed are as follows:
• Mr. Clinton Williams – Chairman
• Mr. Archibald Clifton – Guyana Association of Professional Engineers
• Mr. Patrick Onwuzirike – Assistant Chief Education Officer – (Technical), Ministry of Education
• Mr. Jainarine Sookpaul – Manager, GuySuCo Training Centre
• Mr. Lloyd Scott – Member of the Private Sector Commission
• Mr. Rayman Khan – Manager, Centre for Information Technology, University of Guyana
• Ms. Nalini Chanderban – Member of the Private Sector Commission
• Ms. Leslyn Boyce – Assistant Director of Youth, Department of Culture, Youth and Sport
• Ms. Maria Khelawan – Chief Executive Officer, Board of Industrial Training (BIT)
• Mr. Allan Munroe – Advisor to the Ministry of Education
• Mr. Manzoor Nadir- former Leader of The United Force (TUF)
• Mr. Emile Wilson – Chairman of the Profit-Rising Sun Neighbourhood Democratic Council
The CTVET was established in 2004 by the Ministry of Education and the Council is charged with spearheading the transformation of the TVET Institutions from the traditional mode of training to Competency Based Education and Training (CBET).